跳到主要內容

擁抱過往、接受一切、掌握命運的Cody Fern


下文節錄自 Cody Fern 的 Instagram (目前該照片及文章已刪除)

Incoming essay...
I'm not a person who likes to look back. Lately, my life has been overflowing with wonder and magic. I'm happier than I've ever been. But I've also noticed a rising anxiety - especially with social media. I’m a private person. I prefer mystery. But I'm pulled into the past every time I see a photo from a long (and purposefully forgotten) era - a photo that I didn't choose to put out into the world. It's confronting. Cringing, I look at these old pictures and think about who I am now and who I was then and the wide gulf that stretches out between us. Who was he? Why did he dress like that? What's with that hideous haircut? Why wasn't he 'cooler' or at least, why didn't people like him? Why didn't he like himself? I judge him and all of his choices. The gulf gets wider and my anxiety grows. Here's the thing - I was nerdy, sensitive, awkward and afraid. I was a day dreamer. I was bullied. I struggled to make friends. I struggled to fit in. I struggled to stand out. I struggled with weight. With acne. With girls. With guys. With life. The road to who I am now is littered with phases that I was embarrassed of, regretted or would otherwise choose to forget. But in rejecting these parts of myself, I realize now that I reject my journey - and I don't want to do that. So, this is me taking ownership of all of the pieces. It's trivial, but I'm sharing these intimate snapshots as a small act of rebellion against self judgement. I'm proud of the growth and evolution that I've undergone and I'm grateful for all of the moments, especially the tough ones that helped forge who l am today. I'm choosing to own my journey with compassion, in all of it's embarrassing face-palm glory. Enjoy x

Ps. Now that Iv'e put it out there, this post will be gone by the end of the day. It was a moment of ownership for me - shared with you - always meant to be just as ephemeral as the moments captured. In sharing these memories and my thoughts, I was staking claim to my own narrative and banishing the sense of powerlessness I feel when that right is taken away. Yes, people will share more unauthorized moments, found in the dark corners of the internet, but now they won’t alarm me. Who I choose to be now and who I am becoming is an amalgamation of all that’s come before. I own my story. And by embracing it all, I choose to live shame free. Thanks for coming to my ted talk. Love. ❤️


文長慎入…
我並不是一個喜歡回首過往的人。最近我的生活充滿著各種驚奇和魔幻,感到前所未有的快樂。但同時我也注意到焦慮的情緒日益高漲,尤其來自社交平台。我注重個人隱私也樂於保持神秘感,但每當我看到一張張年代久遠(那些刻意遺忘的過往)的照片便被拉回過去,而這些照片我並無意公諸於世。正視它。我畏縮看著這些舊照,開始思考我是誰?過去的我又是誰?以及我們之間的巨大鴻溝。他是誰?他為什麼穿成那樣?那是什麼可怕的髮型?他為什麼一點也不酷?或者至少,為什麼沒有人喜歡他?為什麼他不喜歡自己?我評判著他和他曾經的選擇,鴻溝越來越大,而這也加劇我的焦慮情緒。我承認,我曾經是個書呆子,個性敏感、愛鬧彆扭又膽小。曾做著白日夢,曾遭受霸凌。我努力交朋友,努力適應,努力脫穎而出。我掙扎著體重、臉上的青春痘,掙扎和女孩、和男孩在一起,以及掙扎著我的生活。在這條成就我的道路上充斥著各種令我感到尷尬、後悔或是想遺忘的部份。但在抗拒這部份的自己時,我意識到這將否定我的人生經歷與過程,我並不想這樣作。所以,這是我對自身所擁有的主宰。我發的照片其實無關緊要,但藉由這些私人舊照是對自我懷疑的反擊。我為我的成長經歷與進化感到驕傲,感激每個時刻,特別是那些磨練我的艱難時刻,才能成就今天的我。我選擇帶著同理心擁有我的過去,無論是令人尷尬或無言都引以為豪。Enjoy x

另外,既然我已開誠布公,這篇貼文將在今天結束時刪除。這對我來說是主宰自身所擁有的重要時刻 ― 與你們分享 ― 這意味著轉眼稍縱即逝。分享這些回憶與想法,其實是在拿回屬於我的發言權,並驅逐當這權利被剝奪時的無力感。是的,我知道還是會有人在網路的各個陰暗角落挖掘那些未經我授權的過往,但他們再也不會影響到我。現在,我將選擇及變成怎樣的人都是融合著過往的經歷。屬於我的故事,接受這一切,我不會再感到羞愧。謝謝大家來觀看我的TED演講。Love ❤️



#翻譯僅供參考
#若有誤請不吝嗇指教
#無断転載禁止

留言

熱門文章

【setlist】2023.8.16 TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB 2023 Taipei Concert @ Zepp New Taipei

   2023.8.16 TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB 2023 Taipei Concert @ Zepp New Taipei setlist: 01. This Is the Life 02. I Can Talk 03. Are We Ready? (Wreck) 04. Undercover Martyn 05. Eat That Up, It's Good for You 06. Wonderful Life 07. Come Back Home 08. Talk 09. Changing of the Seasons 10. Next Year 11. Do You Want It All? 12. Lucky 13. What You Know 14. Costume Party 15. Someday 16. Cigarettes in the Theatre 17. Sun 18. Sleep Alone 19. Something Good Can Work

【心得】《Matthias & Maxime/麥特與麥斯》電影心得

/微雷/ 這是第一次看多藍導演的電影作品,由多藍自編、自導、自演,連剪輯也自己來!台版的電影海報直接破題,這是關於麥特與麥斯以及被隱藏在攝影機後的吻。多藍在接受採訪時說到:「這不是同志電影,這是生活。我們從不會談論異性戀電影,『哦,我看了一部很棒的異性戀愛情電影』。對我來說,這不是同性戀的故事或愛情。從根本來說,我不認為兩位主角意識到這是同志愛情。這就是愛。」 想起我在18年寫《以你的名字呼喚我》的感想時提到:「靈魂是沒有性別。生理性別由染色體決定,而靈魂沒有絕對,每個人的靈魂都是自由的,你會純粹愛上某一個人的靈魂,而不是軀殼。」。從我的觀點,取向是需要經過探索及體驗,才會認知到自己的光譜,這可能是單一的顏色,也有可能是多種不同的顏色。 《麥特與麥斯》是由友情、親情、愛情、成長與探索所揉捏交織而成的故事。來到湖邊小屋渡假的一群好友,因好友妹妹拍攝短片的演員缺席,而開啟未察覺或體認到的深藏情感。然而,麥斯正在準備離開家鄉前往澳洲,工作平步青雲的麥特卻開始心不在焉。 很喜歡多藍的鏡頭語言,兩個主角在畫面中既是對比又是平衡的呈現,這個畫面呼應上一個畫面,畫面蘊藏許多巧思呈現角色之間情感的樣貌。在電影中「水」的元素,令我想到蔡明亮導演,水是渴求的象徵。以下是我的解讀,未察覺的慾望:看似一般的床,若不坐在上頭,不會知道那是水床。困惑的慾望:湖邊小屋的隔天清晨,在湖中游泳,用盡全力向前,上岸卻迷失方向。真實的慾望:在只有兩人的小屋中,雨不會突如其來,只是將會如何面對。 我對美好結局的故事是又愛又恨,過於美好即是虛幻,若不美好又缺少希望。人生充滿各種情緒,你會開心,你會難過,你會感受到從內心散發出情感及感覺,或是身體承受的疼痛。 我喜歡《麥特與麥斯》,因為這就是生活。